2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To notify the nursing facility that an application from a resident has been received.
- To notify the nursing facility that the applicant is potentially eligible for retroactive Medicaid benefits.
- To notify the provider agency that an applicant is requesting retroactive payment for attendant care services provided by that agency.
When to Prepare
The Medicaid eligibility (ME) specialist completes Form H1236 when an application is received.
The CCAD caseworker completes Form H1236 when an applicant for primary home care services requests payment through retroactive reimbursement procedures.
Number of Copies
The ME specialist completes an original, typed or legibly handwritten. The ME specialist notes on Form H0007-A the information about Form H1236 or prepares a copy of the form for the case record. (Follow regional instructions.)
The CCAD caseworker completes an original and two copies.
The ME specialist sends the original to the administrator of the facility.
The CCAD caseworker
- sends the original to the provider agency,
- sends the first copy to the ME specialist if appropriate, and
- files one copy in the case folder.
If a copy is made for the case record, keep the copy according to the retention requirements of the case record.
Heading — Enter the name and address of the facility administrator or provider agency.
Date — Self-explanatory.
Eligibility Specialist/CCAD Caseworker — Self-explanatory.
Office Address and Telephone No. — Enter the eligibility specialist's complete office address and telephone number.
Name of Resident — Enter the name of the attendant care services applicant or applicant (resident), application number and date of application in the blanks.
Resident — Check this box if the applicant is potentially eligible for retroactive Medicaid benefits and enter each of the three months that preceded the month of application.
Attendant Care Services — Check this box if an applicant is receiving attendant care services and is requesting payment using retroactive payment procedures. Include the months of services received during the retroactive period.