Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To explain the purpose of the Health Care Orientation.
- To explain what Medicaid is and what services it provides.
- To explain what Texas Health Steps is and what services it provides.
- To explain what the Medicaid ID is and how to use it.
- To inform clients what to do when their child is sick.
When to Prepare
Mail one copy of the form with Form H1122 to the caretaker of a child under 19 after certification for Medicaid.
Number of Copies and Transmittal
Give one form to each applicant.
No retention requirements.
Form H1188 is self-explanatory.