Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To notify Accounting Operations with a certification that a One-Time Grandparent Warrant is lost, destroyed, stolen or not received. Note: For warrants not received, wait at least 10 working days after the warrant was issued before submitting Form H1084.
- To obtain a payee's written statement that they have not endorsed or otherwise received a One-Time Grandparent Warrant and that they understand that they are to return the warrant if they find or receive the warrant.
- To provide a record of a payee's statement for prosecution if Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) discovers perjury or intentional program violation.
When to Prepare
Prepare Form H1084 when a client reports a One-Time Grandparent Warrant is lost, destroyed, stolen or not received.
Number of Copies
Complete an original and one copy.
Submit the original document to HHSC, Mail Code 3500, P.O. Box 13247, Austin, Texas 78711.
File a copy under "Issuance" in the case record.
Keep a case record copy for three years after the recipient's denial or death.
Enter the payee name, treasury warrant number, the warrant amount, warrant date, owner's mailing address, city, state and ZIP code. Note: Obtain the treasury warrant number, warrant amount and warrant date by inquiring into the Grandparent Payment System.
Check whether the warrant was lost, destroyed, stolen or not received. After reading the last paragraph of Section B then have the client sign and date the certification. If an authorized representative is completing Form H1084, have the authorized representative sign and date the certification and then print their name on the appropriate line.