Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Use this letter only when requested by an individual to indicate the results of a prescreening.
When to Prepare
Complete the Pre-Screening Result for Medicaid letter:
- at the individual's request; and
- when, based only on conversation during screening, it does not appear that the individual would be eligible for Medicaid.
Number of Copies
Complete an original and one copy.
Send the original to the individual at his address or that of his responsible party or authorized representative.
File one copy in screening records.
Keep the screening record copy according to the retention requirements established.
Pre-Screening Result for Medicaid may be typed or legibly handwritten.
Client Name and Address — Enter the name of the individual and mailing address or that of the responsible party or authorized representative.
Date — Self-explanatory.
HHSC Staff — Self-explanatory.
Office Address and Telephone Number — Enter the complete office address and telephone number of the office that completed the screening. Include the TDD telephone number if the office is equipped with TDD.
Your local office address and telephone number — Enter the complete office address and telephone number of the local office that would handle the application if the individual decides to apply. Include the TDD telephone number if the office is equipped with TDD.
Signature — Enter the signature or insert electronically the name of the person that completed the screening and authorized sending the letter.