2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- An employer-completed verification of employment, wages, mandatory withholdings, and deductions.
- A source for documenting earned income and projecting changes in income when other methods are unavailable or insufficient.
When to Prepare
Use Form H1028 when a client cannot furnish sufficient verification of income or mandatory deductions. Staff send the form to the employer or instruct the client to take it to the employer for completion.
Document in the household's case record the date the form is given to the client.
Number of Copies
Give or send the client or employer one copy of Form H1028 with an addressed, stamped envelope.
File the completed form in the case record directly under the applicable worksheet.
Keep Form H1028 for three years from the month the form is signed by the employer.
On the front, enter the employer's name and address in the window space; the date the form is prepared; the employee's name and Social Security number, if available, in the blanks in the first paragraph; any special comments in the space following the second paragraph; and all required information at the bottom.
The office address may be rubber-stamped.
Enter the employed client's name in the space giving his permission for release of the requested information. He signs and dates the form in the spaces provided.
On the back above the chart, enter the month(s) that wage information is needed.
The employer completes the rest of the form. All items are self-explanatory.