Downloading a Form to Your Computer
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- Notifies renewing Medicaid households that our records show a certified child has a Texas Health Steps overdue date.
- Notifies renewing Medicaid households that our records show noncompliance with Health Care Orientation.
- Allows a household to self-declare compliance with Texas Health Steps or Health Care Orientation, intent to comply, good cause or confirmation of the noncompliance.
When to Prepare
Complete Form H1024 as part of the renewal process when a certified child has a Texas Health Steps overdue date or the case is flagged for noncompliance with the Health Care Orientation and the overdue date or noncompliance cannot be cleared with a telephone call.
Number of Copies
Prepare one original for the Health Care Orientation and for each child with a Texas Health Steps overdue date.
Mail the original to the household with a return envelope.
See the Manager's Guide for Eligibility Programs.