Downloading a Form to Your Computer
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
To provide an overview of benefits and responsibilities of the Consumer Directed Services (CDS) option.
The individual may select the CDS option for the following programs and services:
- Client Managed Personal Attendant Services (CMPAS) — personal attendant care
- Community Based Alternatives (CBA) — personal assistance services, respite, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/hearing therapy
- Community Care for Aged and Disabled (CCAD) Primary Home Care, Community Attendant Services or Family Care — personal attendant services
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) — habilitation, respite, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/hearing therapy, supported employment
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD) Program — residential habilitation, intervener, respite, supported employment and employment assistance
- Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) — respite, flexible family support services provided by an attendant or a nurse
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS) — supported home living, respite services
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL) Program — all services
When to Prepare
The case manager/service coordinator presents the overview to all initial applicants, individuals receiving ongoing services at scheduled reassessments, and individuals who request information on the CDS option. The case manager/service coordinator informs the individual of the right to choose service delivery through the Agency option or the CDS option.
Number of Copies
One original and one copy.
The case manager/service coordinator gives the original Form 1581 to the individual.
Retain a copy of Form 1581 in the case folder.
Individual or Legally Authorized Representative Signature and Date — The individual or the legally authorized representative signs and dates the form indicating the case manager presented this information.
Case Manager/Service Coordinator Signature and Date — The case manager or service coordinator signs and dates the form verifying the information was presented to the individual.