Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- For use by Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), that contract with the state to serve Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) households, to conduct eligibility interviews on behalf of the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
- To record the documentation and types of verifications collected for each case by the CBO interviewer.
- To record other relevant information collected by the CBO interviewer during the interview related to the applicant/recipient household.
- To provide a worksheet for data entry into HHSC's eligibility systems for final disposition by a Texas Works advisor.
- To record the identifying information of the CBO interviewer and the time and date of the interview.
- To determine if any special policy considerations are applicable to the household, for example Is the household eligible for expedited services? or Does the household need a Lone Star Card?
CBO interviewers complete Form H0901 for each client eligibility interview they conduct and include the form on top of the application and supporting information with the application package that is submitted to HHSC. The data collection worksheet guides the CBO interviewer through the eligibility points necessary for HHSC's data entry advisor to make an eligibility determination.
The form retention requirements are the same for the form as for the entire SNAP case record. The form must be included with the case record, whether an electronic or physical case record. Retention information is discussed more fully in the Texas Works Manager's Guide.
More detailed information is provided to CBO interviewers through specially-created training.