After conducting background checks, these charts include specific offenses and what action, if any, a conviction for that offense may require in different types of child care settings.
- Licensed or Certified Child Care Operations: Criminal History Requirements (PDF)
- Registered Child Care Homes and Listed Family Homes: Criminal History Requirements (PDF)
- Foster or Adoptive Homes: Criminal History Requirements (PDF)
Texas Administrative Code
These charts supplement two sections of the Texas Administrative Code:
- Section 745.661: What types of criminal convictions may affect a subject’s ability to be present at an operation?
- Section 745.775: How may a criminal conviction or a child abuse or neglect finding affect my ability to receive or maintain an administrator’s license?
These and other Child Care Licensing Rules related to general licensing procedures essential to the regulation of all child care operations can be found in the Texas Administrative Code under Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 745.