What is TxHmL?
TxHmL provides selected essential services and supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live in their family homes or their own homes.
Covid 19 Resources
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Contracting information: 512-438-3234 / IDDWaiverContractEnrollment@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Eligibility information: Your local authority
- Waiver Survey and Certification: 512-438-4163 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
- Explanation of the TxHmL program brochure explains the types of services and supports provided to Texas with developmental disabilities or a related condition so they can continue to live with their families or in their own homes. PDF in English | PDF in Spanish
- Your Rights in the Texas Home Living Program explains the rights and privileges consumers have when receiving services through the program. PDF in English | PDF in Spanish
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 9: Texas Home Living Program (TxHmL) and Community First Choice (CFC)
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 41: Consumer-Directed Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
Other Rules and Statutes
Waiver Survey & Certification Review Tools & Forms
The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Regulatory Services Waiver Survey and Certification unit uses the following forms checklists for all Texas Home Living certification reviews. They are provided here for TxHmL program providers' information.