Special Services to Persons with Disabilities
The SSPD program provides services in a variety of settings to assist individuals in developing the skills needed to remain in the community as independently as possible. Services included in the service plan consist of counseling, personal care and help with the development of skills needed for independent living in the community. Services vary depending on the regional contract.
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
For questions about:
- Contracting with HHSC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract oversight: email@example.com
- Information regarding eligibility criteria: Your local HHS office
- Program or provider policy information: CCADPolicy@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Nursing or other services: Community Services Regional Contacts
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 58, Contracting to Provide Special Services to Persons with Disabilities
- Texas Government Code, Title 10, Chapter 2105, Administration of Block Grants
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Sec. 22.001, General powers and Duties of the Department
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Sec. 22.002 (a), Administration of Federal Welfare Programs