Special Services to Persons with Disabilities
The SSPD program provides services in a variety of settings to assist clients in developing the skills needed to remain in the community as independently as possible.
SSPD 24-Hour Shared Care
This program makes attendant care available to clients on a 24-hour basis. Clients live independently in clustered living arrangements and use this service to achieve habilitative or rehabilitative goals. This service is available only in Houston, Texas.
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: 512-438-3015
- Contract Oversight: Community Services Contracts Unit Manager
- Eligibility information: Your local DADS office
- Policy information: 512-438-3740
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
For information about how to become a provider, please contact your local Community Services Contracts unit manager.
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 58, Contracting to Provide Special Services to Persons with Disabilities
- Texas Government Code, Title 10, Chapter 2105, Administration of Block Grants
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Sec. 22.001, Geneal powers and Duties of the Department
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Sec. 22.002 (a), Administration of Federal Welfare Programs