Required EVV Training
Program providers must complete all required EVV training for programs and services currently required to use EVV per HHSC policy. The EVV Training Checklist (PDF) provides detailed information on EVV training requirements and options for completing them.
EVV Roadshow Instructor-Led Training
This training series was held from Aug. 1 – Oct. 30, 2019.
Attendees who signed in at the beginning of the training and signed out at the end of training, but have not received their certificate of completion can email Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us for more information on receiving their certificate.
If you were unable to attend an EVV Roadshow training, computer-based training is available. See the Computer-Based Training section below for details.
Online, interactive EVV training courses are available in the HHS Learning Portal and TMHP Learning Management System. Completing these courses help program providers meet EVV training requirements.
The HHS Learning Portal includes training about HHSC EVV Policy.
The TMHP Learning Management System includes training about:
- HHSC-Approved EVV Vendor Selection
- EVV Aggregator
- EVV Portal
- EVV Portal Standard Reports and Search Tools
- EVV Claims Submission and Billing
HHSC-Approved EVV Vendor Training
EVV Tool Kit
The EVV Tool Kit is a series of training modules providing detailed information about EVV and the EVV process from beginning to end.
- Introduction to EVV (PDF)
- Roles and Responsibilities Part 1 of 2 (PDF)
- Roles and Responsibilities Part 2 of 2 (PDF)
- EVV Visit Transactions (PDF)
- Visit Maintenance (PDF)
- Process Flow: Beginning to End (PDF)
- The EVV Aggregator and EVV Portal (PDF)
- Submitting an EVV Claim (PDF)
- EVV Portal Standard Reports and Search Tools (PDF)
- EVV Visit Transaction Validation Enhancements (PDF)
- Summary of Sept. 1, 2019 Changes to EVV (PDF)
- Getting Started with EVV (PDF)
- EVV Training Requirements (PDF)
- EVV Compliance Oversight Policies (PDF)
- Best Practices to Avoid EVV Claim Mismatches (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Glossary of Terms
The EVV Glossary of Terms (PDF) lists common EVV terms, definitions, and acronyms.
How to Access the EVV Portal
A job aid is available to provide instruction for requesting access and logging in to the EVV Portal. Instructions are also included for accessing multiple EVV standard reports in the EVV Portal.
Standard Reports Summary
Many EVV reports available in the EVV vendor system are now located in the EVV Portal. Reports have been updated to provide more reporting functions for program providers, HHSC and MCOs. These updates include changes to the name of the report, it’s function, and where to access each report.
EVV Live Question and Answer Webinar Series
- Nov. 22, 2019: Register here for the EVV Portal Enhancements webinar.
- Oct. 22, 2019: EVV Claims – Helpful Information (PDF)
- Sept. 23, 2019: EVV Claims Process – Best Practices (PDF)
- Aug. 22, 2019: Summary of Sept. 1, 2019 Changes to EVV (PDF)
- July 22, 2019: Getting Started with EVV and Training Requirements (PDF)
- June 24, 2019: Visit Transaction Validation Enhancements (PDF)
- May 22, 2019: EVV Claims and EVV Portal (PDF)
- April 22, 2019: EVV Aggregator and EVV Portal (PDF)
- March 22, 2019: Visit Maintenance and Visit Transactions (PDF)
- Feb. 22, 2019: EVV 101 – Roles and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Jan. 22, 2019: Texas EVV Implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act (PDF)