The HHSC EVV Training Policy (PDF) requires program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers to complete all required training before first using an EVV system and then annually. The training checklists below provide more detailed information about these training requirements and how to complete them.
- Existing Provider EVV Training Requirements Checklist (PDF) for programs and services currently required to use EVV by state law.
- Cures Act EVV: Training Requirements Checklists (PDF) for programs and services included in the Cures Act EVV Expansion and required to use EVV beginning Dec. 1. See the Cures Act EVV webpage for more information about the expansion.
EVV Policy Training
Program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers can complete annual EVV policy training requirements in the HHS Learning Portal. Users must create an account to enroll in training and can refer to the EVV HHS Learning Portal Guide (PDF) for instructions.
EVV Portal Training
Program providers and FMSAs can access the TMHP Learning Management System to complete annual EVV Portal training requirements. Visit the TMHP EVV Training webpage for more information.
EVV Vendor System Training
For EVV vendor system training contact:
More information about EVV vendors and their systems is available on the TMHP EVV Vendors webpage.
- The Best Practices to Avoid EVV Claim Mismatches (PDF) ensures a matching EVV visit transaction is accepted in the EVV Portal before submitting the claim.
- The Best Practices for Temporary EVV Policies for COVID-19 (PDF) ensures an EVV visit transaction supporting the claim is accepted in the EVV Portal and matches the claim within 180 calendar days from the date of the visit, or the claim may be recouped. This applies to visits with dates of service between March 21, 2020 – Oct. 23, 2020.
Glossary of Terms
The EVV Glossary of Terms (PDF) lists common EVV terms, definitions, and acronyms.
How to Access the EVV Portal
The How to Access the EVV Portal (PDF) job aid contains instructions for requesting access, logging in to the EVV Portal and accessing EVV standard reports in the EVV Portal.
EVV Live Question and Answer Webinar Series
- Nov. 22, 2019: EVV Portal Enhancements (PDF)
- Oct. 22, 2019: EVV Claims – Helpful Information (PDF)
- Sept. 23, 2019: EVV Claims Process – Best Practices (PDF)
- Aug. 22, 2019: Summary of Sept. 1, 2019 Changes to EVV (PDF)
- July 22, 2019: Getting Started with EVV and Training Requirements (PDF)
- June 24, 2019: Visit Transaction Validation Enhancements (PDF)
- May 22, 2019: EVV Claims and EVV Portal (PDF)
- April 22, 2019: EVV Aggregator and EVV Portal (PDF)
- March 22, 2019: Visit Maintenance and Visit Transactions (PDF)
- Feb. 22, 2019: EVV 101 – Roles and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Jan. 22, 2019: Texas EVV Implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act (PDF)