EVV Compliance Oversight Reviews – Effective Sept. 1, 2019
Effective Sept. 1, 2019, EVV compliance oversight reviews will monitor program providers who are contracted with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and managed care organizations on the use of an EVV system to electronically document authorized service delivery visits for visits with dates of service on or after Sept. 1, 2019.
Program providers will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are following EVV policies in the following areas:
- EVV Usage (new policy)
- Program providers will be reviewed for EVV visit transactions manually-entered into the EVV system and EVV visit transactions rejected by the EVV Aggregator.
- EVV Reason Codes and Required Free Text (revised policy)
- Program providers will be reviewed for appropriate use of reason codes and reason code description options and entry of required free text.
- EVV Allowable Phone Identification (revised policy)
- Program providers will be reviewed for allowable home landline phone types used to clock in and out.
For more information about the new and revised policies listed above refer to the EVV Compliance Oversight Reviews Policy.
EVV Provider Compliance Plan - Effective April 1, 2016 – Aug. 31, 2019
Effective April 1, 2016 – Aug. 31, 2019, HHSC and the MCOs will enforce EVV compliance for all Medicaid providers required to use the EVV system for visits with dates of service prior to, and including Aug. 31, 2019. All Medicaid providers required to use the EVV system will have their EVV visits reviewed for 90-percent compliance. Providers must adhere to the requirements of the Texas Health and Human Services EVV Provider Compliance Plan. For more information about EVV compliance, refer to the EVV Provider Policy Handbook.