What is RC?
Residential Care provides a 24-hour living arrangement in a licensed facility that provides:
- Personal care
- Home management
- Social and recreational activities
- 24-hour supervision
- Supervision of/assistance with or direct administration of medication
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
For questions about:
- Contract oversight: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information regarding eligibility criteria: contact your local HHS office
- Program provider policy, email: CCADPolicy@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Nursing or other services: contact one of the Community Services Regional Contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
Residential Care providers must be licensed as an assisted living facility and have a contract with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Statues & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 46: Contracting to Provide Assisted Living and Residential Care Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
- United States Code, Title 42, Chapter 7, Subchapter XIX, §1396
- United States Code, Title 42, Chapter 7, Subchapter XX, §1397-1397f