A license holder must not relocate a center or provide services to a minor at a new location without prior approval from the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). The license holder must continue to maintain the license at the current location and must continue to meet all requirements for operation of the center until DADS has approved the relocation.
- DADS denies an application that remains incomplete 120 days after the date that the agency’s Licensing and Credentialing section receives the application.
License Application Required Documents
- Form 3720-P, Application for State License to Operate a PPECC
- A letter of credit for $250,000 from a bank that is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Management Company Agreement, if applicable
- Copy of written notification to the local health authority that the applicant is submitting a license application to DADS
- A copy of an approved inspection of the center by the local fire marshal
- Written notice to DADS that the center is ready for a Life Safety Code inspection
- Property documents (lease, sublease or deed)