What is Home Delivered Meals (HDM)?
HDM provides nutritious noontime meals delivered to people in their homes on a scheduled basis. Meals may also be delivered to a location other than an individual's home, provided the location is within the provider's service area and is approved by the case manager. Those eligible for HDM are aged 18 years or older. An interest list is maintained for people interested in applying for this program. Individuals must meet specified eligibility requirements to remain in the program.
Budget Negotiation Federal Fiscal Year 2020
The documents listed below are to be used by HDM providers to negotiate rates for federal fiscal year 2020:
- Rate Setting and Waiver Submission Instructions (PDF)
- Form 2027 — Home-Delivered Meals Waiver Request and Instructions
- FFY 20 Uniform Rate Negotiation Budget Workbook (Excel)
- FFY18 Instructions for Completing the Uniform Rate Negotiation Budget Workbook (PDF)
- Cost Areas and Cost Categories FFY 2020 (PDF)
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: Community Services Contracts unit manager
- Eligibility information: Your local HHS office
- Policy information: 512-438-3501
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
Contracting to Provide Services
To be eligible to provide services and receive reimbursement for these services, a provider agency must meet certain eligibility criteria. Rules regarding program and contracting requirements can be found in Title 40 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) as follows:
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Chapter 55: Contracting to Provide Home-Delivered Meals
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Care Services
An individual or provider agency must complete an application to provide services in the Community Services programs. Once you have met the minimum eligibility criteria, you may review the required application documents on:
The required application documents may be downloaded for completion. Please contact your local Community Services Contracts Unit Manager to obtain the mailing address to submit completed documents.
If you prefer DADS mail you the required application documents, please contact your local Community Services Contracts Unit Manager to request an application packet and obtain the mailing address to submit completed documents.
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code , Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 48, Subchapter H, Rule §48.2912: Home-Delivered Meals
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
- Texas Administrative Code Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 55: Contracting to Provide Home-Delivered Meals
- Texas Government Code, Title 10, Chapter 2105, Administration of Block Grants
- Texas Human Resource Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Section 22.001, General Powers and Duties of the Department
- Texas Human Resource Code, Title 2, Chapter 22, Section 22.002(a), Administration of Federal Welfare Programs