What are Day Activity and Health Services?
Licensed Day Activity and Health Services facilities provide daytime services, up to 10 hours per day, Monday through Friday, to people who live in the community. Services address physical, mental, medical and social needs. People may attend up to 5 days per week, depending on their eligibility.
Texas DAHS Directory
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- Contract Oversight: Contracted Community Services Unit Manager
- Licensing: 512-438-2630
- Eligibility information: Your local HHS office
- Policy information: 512-438-3226/PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
- Regulatory Services regional contacts
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 98: Adult Day Care and Day Activity and Health Services Requirements
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 560: Denial or Refusal of License
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 250: Nurse Aide Registry and Criminal History Checks of Employees and Applicants for Employment in Certain Facilities Serving the Elderly or Persons with Disabilities
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 6, Chapter 103: Adult Day Care
- 42 Code of Federal Regulations, 440.130(d), Title XIX
- 45 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 96, Title XX