On-Site Monitoring Manual
The On-Site Monitoring Manual describes the processes that the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) Access & Intake, Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) section, uses to evaluate AAA compliance with applicable federal and state requirements during an on-site review. The manual is to be used as a guide. During the monitoring process, other issues or concerns may be mitigated. This may require the review of additional documentation, staff interviews, or on-site review of provider documentation.
- AAA On-Site Monitoring Manual (PDF)
- Self Assessment Workbook (Excel)
- Fiscal Year AAA Report Due Date Schedule (PDF)
- AAA Reports Subject Line Nomenclature (PDF)
AAA Operations Training Manual
The documents in this section are intended to provide an overview of DADS processes and requirements. They do not cover all requirements rather they focus on the core or basic processes required of the AAA. Some sections or sub-sections are hyperlinked directing the user to documents posted on the DADS website. Regular updates are made to these on-line sections and hyperlinked documents; for this reason the user should rely on the website for current information rather than printed copies of the manual. Note: The section documents are in PDF format.
- Section 1 – Process Overview
- Section 2 – Area Plan
- Section 3 – Performance Projections
- Section 4 – Budget Module
- Section 5 – Payment Module
- Section 6 – Performance Module
- Section 7 – Reconciliation
- Section 8 – Special Grants
- Section 9 – Performance Measure Testing (PMT)
- Section 10 – Risk Assessment Process
- Section 11 – Mailboxes
- Section 12 – NAPIS
- Section 13 – Reference
The planning budget reflects the AAAs plan before the allocation of funds; it is intended to be used as a tool and supported by actual budgeted NFAs. Note: These documents are in PDF format.
- Area Plan Amendments
- Budget Review and Approval Form
- Preliminary Projected Medication Management Requirements
- Service Definitions
- Service: Units, Clients, and Payment Methods
- Services and Allowable Funding Sources
- Ombudsman MOE
- Instructions for Preparing the AAA Budget Summary
Fiscal Year Closeout Procedures
- Closeout Memo (PDF)
- 2015 Capital Equipment Closeout Report (XLS)
- Title III-D EBI Narrative Template (DOCX)
Reviewing the Budget Performance Payment Comparison Workbook (BPPCW)
The BPPCW provides AAAs with a process for reconciling expenditures reported on the quarterly performance reports to the approved budget, funds requested on requests for reimbursement and notifications of funds available.
- Reviewing the Budget Performance Payment Comparison Workbook (PDF), which includes forms that may be printed and completed by hand.
- BPPCW Forms (MS Word), which may be completed and saved using MS Word.
SPURS Job Aids, Training Manuals and Forms
The documents listed below can aid in accurately and consistently entering consumer, call and service delivery data into the DADS State Unit on Aging Programs Uniform Reporting System (SPURS) for Services. Please note the Job Aids have not yet been updated to reflect the new release of the Individual Client Contact (ICC) and Public and Media Events (PAM) forms for benefits counselors.
Note: These documents are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.
- SAMS 2 Legacy Service Coordination Job Aid
- SAMS 2 Legacy Call Session Job Aid
- SAMS 2 Legacy Benefits Counselors Job Aid
- SAMS 2 Legacy Nutrition Programs Job Aid
- SAMS 2 Legacy Service Template Job Aid
- SAMS 2 Legacy SHIP Program Job Aid
- SAMS 3 Benefits Counselors Job Aid
- SAMS 3 LTSS Referral Job Aid
- Core SAMS Training for End Users
- SHIP Program User Manual
- SHIP Reporter User Manual
- SPURS Change Request Form (Excel)
- SPURS Frequently Asked Questions
- SAMS User Dashboard
- NAPIS SRT User Guide