There are two types of HCBS-AMH Providers: HCBS-AMH Provider Agencies and HCBS-AMH Recovery Management Entities. To become an HCBS-AMH Provider, click on the links below to learn more about the open enrollment process.
Option 1: HCBS-AMH Provider Agency
HHSC contracts with provider agencies to provide the full array of HCBS-AMH services. HCBS-AMH services are provided in home and community-based settings, including individual homes, apartments, assisted-living facilities and small community-based residences.
- Services can be provided using direct service with provider agency staff; or
- Through a combination of direct service staff and subcontract agreements with other service providers.
Option 2: HCBS-AMH Recovery Management Entity
The Recovery Management Entity administratively oversees recovery management services, and the recovery manager coordinates, monitors, links, advocates and assists the person in gaining access to needed Medicaid services, as well as medical social, educational and other resources regardless of funding source.
HHSC requires the following Provider Pre-Application Training Modules to be completed prior to application submission:
- Module One: Program history, description and target population
- Module Two: Eligibility and Referrals
- Module Three: Main Project Roles
- Module Four: Service array
HCBS-AMH program related questions should be sent to the HCBS-AMH Team at: HCBS-AMH@hhsc.state.tx.us.