These documents offer guidance on implementing cognitive therapy, including session-by-session guidelines, the Cognitive Therapy Rating Scale (CTRS), and recommended readings for further development of therapist skills.
The following are resources for therapists to use with people during therapy sessions or to use as homework. This section includes readings, worksheets, forms and recommended reading.
- Activity Schedule (PDF)
- Anger Cues and Control (PDF)
- Assessing Schemas (PDF)
- Assessing Your Solutions (PDF)
- Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire (PDF)
- Common Symptoms of Depress (PDF)
- Coping Errors Worksheet (PDF)
- Evaluating Your Thoughts (PDF)
- How Can You Help with Sleep Problems (PDF)
- List of Mood, Behaviors,Situations and Thoughts (PDF)
- My Degree is in Depression (PDF)
- Personal Accomplishment and Pleasure Scales (PDF)
- Problems List (PDF)
- Recommended Reading List for Cognitive Therapy Clients (PDF)
- Session Agenda (PDF)
- Situations, Moods and Thoughts (PDF)
- Steps to Solving a Problem (PDF)
- Take an Inventory of Your Schemas (PDF)
- Thinking Errors (PDF)
- Thought Record (PDF)
- Thought Record (Short Version) [PDF]
- Thoughts about Suicide, Reasons to Live, and Reasons to Have Hope (PDF)
- Tracking Your Thoughts (PDF)
- What Should I Know About Cognitive Therapy (PDF)
This section provides assessments and forms that may be useful tools for supervisors of cognitive therapists.
HHSC Cognitive Therapy Lending Library
This section provides a list of books, videos, and articles that are available to therapists, supervisors, or clinics to further develop their cognitive therapy program.
For questions, please contact CBT@hhsc.state.tx.us.