The Code of Professional Conduct of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. (RID), has been adopted by HHSC Rules to govern the professional conduct of interpreters/transliterators certified by HHSC.
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication.
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for consumers.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for colleagues, interns, and students of the profession.
- Interpreters maintain ethical business practices.
- Interpreters engage in professional development.
The full version of the Code of Professional Conduct may be obtained from the DHHS office or the RID-NAD Web site at www.rid.org.