We help youth currently in foster care (up to age 18) with any health and human services (HHS) program or service. Anything shared with us is confidential, and will only be shared if permission is given.

How We Can Help

Our team helps youth currently in foster care (up to age 18) get answers to questions and assists in resolving complaints about HHS programs. Our help includes:

  • Making sure youth understand their rights while in foster care;
  • Reviewing a youth's concerns about case specific questions and complaints; and
  • With a youth's permission, working with other people to improve their care.

How to Get Help

If you are a youth currently in foster care (up to age 18) and have a question or complaint about an HHS program or service, there are four ways to contact us:

  1. Call: 1-844-286-0769 (toll-free) 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday

    Youth with a hearing or speech disability can call the toll-free Relay Texas service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2989.

  2. Online: Online Submission Form
  3. Mail: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
    Foster Care Ombudsman, MC H-700
    P O Box 13247
    Austin, TX 78711-3247
  4. Fax: 1-888-780-8099 (toll-Free)

DFPS Office of Consumer Affairs

The DFPS Office of Consumer Affairs is available to review complaints relating to a DFPS conservatorship case from:

  • youth in foster care (18 and older)
  • youth formerly in foster care;
  • family members of youth;
  • Texas CASA volunteers;
  • a youth’s attorney; or
  • anyone else that may have information about a youth.

To contact the DFPS Office of Consumer Affairs, call them toll-free at 1-800-720-7777.

Texas Youth Connection

Texas Youth Connection was specifically designed by and created for current and former foster youth that were part of Texas Child Protective Services (CPS). CPS provides Transitional Living Services through programs that you may be familiar with and need more information about.

Report Abuse or Neglect

To report suspicions of abuse or neglect of children, or abuse, neglect, or exploitation of persons 65 years or older and adults with disabilities, please call toll-free at 1-800-252-5400 or visit the Department of Family and Protective Services.