The Office of e-Health Coordination provides leadership to and acts as a single point of coordination for health information technology initiatives in the State of Texas. The office ensures that health information technology projects and programs are coordinated across the state’s health and human services agencies, facilitates coordination between the Texas and federal or multi-state projects, and provides assistance to local and regional health IT projects. This includes:
- Creating a collaboration and coordination infrastructure on related health information policy and technology, in particular in cross-divisional and multi-agency projects.
- Identifying and prioritizing health information technology initiatives that can help improve health outcomes.
- Serving as the single point of contact for state funding opportunities under Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Supporting the state-level infrastructure efforts of the Texas Health Services Authority.
- Collaborating with the HHSC e-Health Advisory Committee (eHAC) and other state-level health information technology leadership bodies.
If you have a question about Health Information Technology or Health Information Exchange in the State of Texas, please email the Office of e-Health Coordination at HHSHealthIT@hhsc.state.tx.us.