The purpose of the data and reports quality webpage is to increase public reporting and availability of performance data to stakeholders related to quality improvement. In addition, the agency’s external quality review organization provides a number of data files and reports on quality of care and health plan performance. Reports from legislative mandates, advisory committees, and other HHS agencies supply additional information on related topics.
Health Plan Reports
- State review of the accreditation status of MCOs (PDF)
- Health Plan Report Cards: STAR, STAR+PLUS, CHIP
- Financial Statistical Reports
Health Plan Quality of Care
HHSC's external quality review organization also provides data on quality of care and health plan performance. Quality of care data is available on the Texas Healthcare Learning Collaborative website complete with a User Guide (PDF).
Tableau-ready file formats of the quality of care data is also available in Excel files below.
Potentially Preventable Events Data
- Potentially Preventable Events Data by Program, Health Plan, and Service Area - Calendar Years 2015 - 2019 with data received through December 2019 (Excel)
Community Integration Data
- National Core Indicators Aging and Disability Adult Consumer Survey, 2015-2016 Texas Results (PDF)
- National Core Indicators Child Family Survey State Outcomes for 2015-2016 (PDF)
DSHS Reporting System (all payors, not specific to Medicaid)
External Quality Review
- External Quality Review Organization Summary of Activities Report Contract Year 2018 (PDF)
- Provider Directory Data Quality: Key Issues and Recommendations for Best Practices (PDF)
- Potentially Preventable Events in STAR+PLUS Members with Co-occurring Behavioral Health and Physical Health Needs: Primary Care Providers and Integration Practices (PDF)
- STAR Kids Post-Implementation MCO Interview Report (PDF)
- External Quality Review Organization Summary of Activities Report Contract Year 2017 (PDF)
- Identifying Opportunities for Better Integrating Behavioral Health and Physical Health (BH/PH) Services in Texas Medicaid (PDF)
- STAR Kids Pre-Implementation Descriptive Report (PDF)
For more information, please email HPCS_Quality@hhsc.state.tx.us.