Sign up to receive email updates about the Health and Human Services Commission Executive Council.
The Health and Human Services Commission Executive Council is established by Government Code, Section 531.0051, to receive public input and advise the HHSC Executive Commissioner regarding the operation of the commission. The Executive Council reviews policies related to the operation of the Health and Human Services system and its programs.
Operation of the Executive Council is adopted in Title 1, Texas Administrative Code, Part 15, Chapter 351, Subchapter A, Section 351.4. The Executive Council seeks and receives public comment on:
- proposed rules;
- recommendations of advisory committees established under Title 1, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 351, Subchapter B, concerning Advisory Committees;
- legislative appropriations request or other documents related to the appropriations process;
- the operation of health and human services programs; and
- other items the Executive Commissioner determines appropriate.
2020 Meeting Dates
- Aug. 20, 2020
- Nov. 19, 2020
- Phil Wilson, HHS Acting Executive Commissioner
- Victoria Ford, HHSC Chief Policy and Regulatory Officer, Acting HHSC Chief Operating Officer
- Sylvia Kauffman, HHS Inspector General
- Michelle Alletto, HHSC Chief Program and Services Officer
- Jaime Masters, Commissioner, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Dr. John Hellerstedt, Commissioner, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Carmen Pagan, McAllen, TX, Public Member
- Dr. Dipen Parikh, Southlake, TX, Public Member
- Dr. Ben G. Raimer, Galveston, TX, Public Member
- Toya White, McKinney, TX, Public Member
Email the Advisory Committee Coordination Office for information including older archived meetings.