The Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Border Rates and Expenditures Advisory Committee advises HHSC on regarding eliminating the disparities between the Texas-Mexico border region and other areas of the state in:
- Medicaid and CHIP capitation rates for services provided to individuals under age 19.
- Medicaid and CHIP fee-for-service per capita expenditures for inpatient and outpatient hospital services provided to individuals under age 19.
- Total professional services expenditures per Medicaid and CHIP enrollee under age 19.
The committee must periodically analyze and compare the rates and expenditures in the Texas-Mexico border region and in other areas of the state and produce a report of its findings. The report must include recommendations to HHSC for addressing the problems created by disparities documented in the report, including recommendations for allocation of funds.
- Irene Armendariz, health plan representative, El Paso
- Dr. Nanni Baker, dentist, El Paso
- Gilbert A. Handal, pediatrician, El Paso — BRAEAC Chair
- Timothy McVey, hospital representative, Mission — Vice Chair
- Lorenzo Olivarez, hospital representative, Edinburg
- T. Herbert Shriver, psychologist, Del Rio
- Jaime Solis, pharmacist, McAllen
- Marcella Van Hoove, hospital representative, El Paso
- David Palmer, HHSC
- Israel Rocha, hospital representative, Edinburg