The Policy Council for Children and Families (PCCF) works to improve the coordination, quality, efficiency and outcomes of services provided to children with disabilities and their families through the state's health, education and human services systems. The council produces a biennial report with recommendations to the executive Commissioner of HHSC and the Texas Legislature. The council includes family members of children with special health care needs and representatives of community, faith, business and other organizations.
- Lisa Brodie, Deer Park
- Nicole Dilts, PhD, San Angelo
- Cynthia Guiton, Missouri City
- Chris Masey, Vice-Chair, Austin
- Margaret McLean, MSN, Dallas
- Leah Rummel, Chair, Austin
- Lee Sonnenberg, MA, CPP, Lubbock
- Janis Townsend, MA, Coppell
- Silvia Vargas, El Paso
- Nicolas Morales, San Antonio
- Sara Daugherty-Pineda, MSN, Coppell, Community Services Representative, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Julie Ivey-Hatz, PhD, LSSP, China Spring, Mental Health Expert Representative, Baylor University, Baylor Autism Resource Clinic
- Mary Klentzman, Plano, Faith-based Representative, Cornerstone Ranch
- Josette Saxton, Austin, General Expert Representative, Texans Care for Children
- Carl Tapia, MD, Houston, Physician Representative, Baylor College of Medicine
- Elizabeth Tucker, Austin, Advocacy Organization Representative, EveryChild, Inc.
- Laura Warren, Austin, Organization Providing Services Representative, Texas Parent to Parent
For Additional Information
Please email Jimmy Blanton or call 512-380-4372.