The Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) System Redesign Advisory Committee, created by Government Code, Chapter 534 advise HHSC on the implementation of the acute care services and long-term services and supports (LTSS) system redesign for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Chapter 534 requires HHSC to design and implement an acute care services and LTSS system for people with IDD that supports the following goals:
- Provide Medicaid services to more people in a cost-efficient manner by providing the type and amount of services most appropriate to the person’s needs.
- Improve access to services and supports by ensuring that people receive information about all available programs and services, including employment and least restrictive housing assistance, and how to apply for programs and services.
- Improve the assessment of each person’s needs and available supports, including the assessment of functional needs.
- Promote person-centered planning, self-direction, self-determination, community inclusion, and customized, integrated, competitive employment.
- Promote individualized budgeting based on an assessment of each person’s needs and person-centered planning.
- Promote integrated service coordination of acute care services and LTSS.
- Improve acute care and LTSS, including reducing unnecessary institutionalization and potentially preventable events.
- Promote high-quality care.
- Provide fair hearing and appeals processes in accordance with applicable federal law.
- Ensure the availability of a local safety net provider and local safety net services.
- Promote independent service coordination and independent ombudsmen services.
- Ensure that people with the most significant needs are appropriately served in the community and that processes are in place to prevent inappropriate institutionalization.
- Clay Boatright, Chair, Plano, family member
- Mickey Atkins, Austin, D&S Residential Services
- Lynne Brooks, San Antonio, Disability Services of the Southwest
- Ricky Broussard, Alvin, self-advocate
- John P. Delaney, Terrell, Lakes Regional
- Susan Garnett, Fort Worth, MHMR of Tarrant County
- Katy Hull, Henderson, self-advocate
- Gary Hidalgo, Beaumont, The Arc of Greater Beaumont
- Gerard Jimenez, Austin, family member
- Jean Langendorf, Austin, Community and Housing Services (Easter Seals Central Texas)
- Linda Levine, Bee Cave, family member
- Frank McCamant, Austin, Texas Council on Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Susan Murphree, Austin, family member
- Mary Stephney Quinby, Rosenberg, nurse
- Leah Rummel, Austin, United Healthcare Community Plan of Texas
- Carole Smith, Austin, Private Providers Association of Texas
- David Southern, Granbury, Southern Concepts Inc.
- Carl Tapia, Houston, pediatrician, Texas Children's Special Needs Clinic
- Cheri Wood, Tyler, parent
- Michael Thomas, Plano, My Possibilities
- Jennifer York, Austin, neurologist, Texas Neurology Center
- Caren Zysk, Austin, Molina Healthcare of Texas
- Emily Clark, Desoto, advocate
- Larmartia Poullard, Katy, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Prescription Information Booklet (PDF)
- Prescription Information Booklet (PDF en Español)
- Prescription Information Sheet (PDF)
- Prescription Information Sheet (PDF en Español)
Please contact Joy Kearny at Joy.Kearney01@hhsc.state.tx.us