Background and Purpose
The advisory committee assists HHSC with duties related to the development of health information exchange systems in Subchapter V, Chapter 531, Government Code. The advisory committee advises HHSC regarding the development and implementation of an electronic health information exchange system to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of health care services provided through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The committee advises on the following issues and any other issues specified by HHSC:
- Data to be included in an electronic health record.
- Presentation of data.
- Useful measures for quality of service and patient health outcomes.
- Federal and state laws regarding privacy and management of private patient information.
- Incentives for increasing health care provider adoption and usage of an electronic health record and the health information exchange system.
- Data exchange with local or regional health information exchanges to enhance the comprehensive nature of the information contained in electronic health records, and health care provider efficiency by supporting integration of the information into the electronic health record used by health care providers.
- Other issues determined by HHSC.
In Adopted Rules, April 4, 2014 39 TexReg 2497: Effective date April 13, 2014 The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) adopted an amendment to §351.3, concerning Purpose, Task and Duration of Advisory Committees, without changes to the pro-posed text as published in the January 24, 2014, issue of the Texas Register (39 TexReg 338). Paragraph (14)(C) updates the abolishment date of the Electronic Health Information Exchange System Advisory Committee to August 31, 2016.
The committee is composed of 12 to 16 members. The HHSC Executive Commissioner appoints the members and the presiding officer of the committee. The members must represent the geographic and cultural diversity of the state.
|Joe Schneider, M.D. (Chairman)||Dallas||Medicaid Providers Representative|
|Pamela McNutt (Vice Chair)||Dallas||Healthcare Facilities Representative|
|Tony Gilman||Austin||Texas Health Services Authority (THSA)|
|Nora Belcher||Austin||Major Provider Associations Representative|
|Sloane Steele||Austin||Managed Care Organizations Representative|
|Tara Rios||Brownsville||CHIP Providers Representative|
|George Gutierrez, D.D.S.||San Antonio||Pediatric Medical Informatics Representative|
|Mary Lanham Gabel||Houston||Medicaid Recipients and CHIP Enrollee Representative|
|Lisa Campbell||Amarillo||Fee-For-Service Providers Representative|
|Gijs van Oort, Ph.D||San Antonio||Local or Regional HIE Representative|
|Doug Read, Pharm. D.||San Antonio||Pharmaceutical Industry Representative|
|Sylvia Kauffman||Texas||Health and Human Services Commission Representative|
For information regarding this schedule, please contact David Fulton, Committee Coordinator
(512) 462-6233 or email@example.com
- Transcript of the April 9, 2015 meeting of the Medicaid/CHIP Electronic Health Information Exchange System Advisory Committee (PDF)
- Transcript of the Jan. 8, 2015 meeting of the Medicaid/CHIP Electronic Health Information Exchange System Advisory Committee (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – July 16, 2015 (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – April 9, 2015 (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – January 8, 2015 (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – October 23, 2014 (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – July 24, 2014 (PDF)
- Medicaid HIE AC Mtg – May 29, 2014 (PDF)
|01/2011||Medicaid Electronic Health Information Exchange System Initial Report - HIE|
|12/2010||Rider51, SB1, HB1966||Electronic Prescribing Implementation Plan Update - HIE|