Background and Purpose
The Behavioral Health Integration Advisory Committee, created by Senate Bill 58 of the 83rd Texas Legislature (Regular Session), is charged with addressing planning and development needs to integrate Medicaid behavioral health services, including targeted case management, mental health rehabilitative services and physical health services, by September 1, 2014. The committee must seek input from the behavioral health community on these issues and produce formal recommendations to HHSC on how to accomplish integrating behavioral and physical health within Medicaid managed care.
- Octavio Martinez (chair), Austin, Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
- Douglas Beach, San Antonio, parent
- Susan Calloway, Austin, Texas Rural Health Association
- Terry Crocker, Mission, Tropical Texas Behavioral Health
- Sherry Cusumano, Dallas, licensed chemical dependency counselor
- Kristen Daugherty, El Paso, Emergence Health Network
- Lisa Doggett, Austin, AxisPoint Health
- Angelo Giardino, Houston, Texas Children's Health Plan
- Debra Jackson, Houston, Deblin Health Concepts & Assoc., Inc.
- Dwina Bridgemohan, Katy, Professional Mediator
- Kenneth Meyer, Allan, Beacon Health Options
- Richard Noel, Houston, IntraCareNorth Hospital
- Melissa Rowan, Austin, Partner, Wertz & Rowan
- Nakia Scott, Round Rock, Holistic Mental Health
- John Theiss, Austin, Mental Health America of Texas
- Gregg Sherrill, Houston, OptumHealth Behavioral Services
- John Gore, Bedford, Cigna-HealthSpring STAR+PLUS
- Janet Paleo, San Antonio, Consumer Representative
- A&M 1115 Medicaid Waiver Case Study (PDF)
- Behavioral Health Carve-in Presentation (PDF)
- Psychopharmacotherapy Presentation (PDF)
Please contact Laela Estus at firstname.lastname@example.org.