You've got options — so why choose a career with Health and Specialty Care System?
The Best Care
- Team-centered and state-of-the-art care provided to some of the people who need it the most.
- Campus-based direct services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Psychiatric inpatient treatment for people who have complex mental health needs, including those who have been determined incompetent to stand trial or not guilty by reason of insanity.
A Rewarding Career
- Do the work you were trained to do.
- Work with people who need your care the most.
- The Legislature is investing hundreds of millions in repairs and modernization.
- Team-oriented care means you have support when you need it.
- Our staff have extraordinary expertise in caring for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental illness.
- We work hard to recruit compassionate people, which makes for a great work environment.
- There are opportunities to work in the Health and Specialty Care System all over Texas at its 24 locations.
- Many campuses have great green spaces, even in urban centers, as well as historic campuses.
- State supported living centers and state hospitals are integral parts of their communities, with active volunteer networks and many on-campus activities.