Many people who live in nursing homes and assisted living facilities enjoy regular visitors. Share your time and talents at a nursing home or assisted living facility by bringing companionship to someone.
Volunteers can help in many ways:
- Visiting with or reading to residents
- Helping the resident write a memory book for their family
- Taking residents for walks around the grounds
- Helping with holidays and special occasions
- Conducting prayer or religious activities
- Leading an exercise program
How do I get started?
A searchable database of Texas nursing homes and assisted living facilities can help you find and connect with a facility at which you would like to volunteer. You can search by county, city, ZIP Code or area code.
Once you find a facility where you would like to volunteer, click on the name for contact information. When you call, ask to speak to the activities director for the facility to find out how you can make a difference in the lives of residents.