At a virtual awards ceremony on March 10, HHSC and the State Community Resource Coordination Groups (CRCGs) Office recognized outstanding leaders and members for the hard work and achievements of local CRCGs, their members, and the impact they make on their communities.
CRCGs are county-based groups of local partners and community members that work with parents, caregivers, youth and adults to identify and coordinate services and supports for people with complex needs, including behavioral health, basic needs and caregiver support.
The groups and local partners collaborate to offer interagency coordination of services for people whose needs cannot be met by a single agency. These services include behavioral health, basic needs and caregiver support, on average serving 1,546 Texans each year.
“The leaders honored in this ceremony have shown hard work and commitment to their communities and the people being served by CRCGs across Texas,” said Sonja Gaines, HHS deputy executive commissioner for Intellectual and Developmental Disability & Behavioral Services. “Providing these resources for people with unique behavioral health needs improves health and wellness for Texans.”
- Outstanding CRCG of the Year: Grayson County CRCG
- Shining Star Award (five awardees):
- William Barber, LMSW and CRCG Chair of Grayson County CRCG and Fannin County CRCG
- Takoya Jackson, LMSW and CRCG Coordinator of Harris County CRCG
- Monica Rodriguez, Youth and Family Program Manager at Tropical Texas Behavioral Health and CRCG Co-Chair of Hidalgo County CRCG
- Patricia Arnold, Juvenile Probation Officer in Cass County and CRCG Chair of Bowie, Cass and Marion Counties CRCG
- Susie Kirk, Community Partners for Children and CRCG Liaison
CRCG members connect people with services, work with their communities to identify service gaps and break down barriers to find ways to improve the health of their communities. To learn more about becoming a member or partner to a CRCG, visit the HHS CRCG website.
More information is available on the HHS Service Coordination webpage.