This year, the Department of State Health Services created a Texas Flu Season webpage geared towards child care facility staff.
In previous years, packets of information were mailed to child care facilities across the state. Packets of information will not be mailed this year. These materials are free to download here.
In addition, the DSHS Immunization Unit has developed several resources on how to prevent and fight the flu for children enrolled in child care facilities.
- Influenza Fact Sheet for Child-Care Settings - Bilingual (PDF)
- Flu Fighters Activity Book - Bilingual (PDF)
- Poster - "Fight the Flu" Child - Bilingual (PDF)
- CDC: Information for Schools & Childcare Providers
- Prevent Childhood Influenza
For information regarding immunization requirements for child care facilities, visit the Immunization Unit webpage or contact the DSHS Immunization Unit at 800-252-9152.