Child Care Regulation invites you to review and provide comments on the potential rule changes in:
- Chapter 745, Licensing
- Chapter 748, Minimum Standards for General Residential Operations
The purpose of the rule changes is to implement legislation from the 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019, including Senate Bill (S.B.) 568, S.B. 569, S.B. 781, House Bill (H.B) 3390, and H.B. 4090. Some of the changes include:
- Expanding liability insurance requirements
- Creating a more robust process for evaluating renewal applications
- Expanding the administrative penalty process
- Deleting "evaluation" as a type of enforcement action
- Updating the application requirements for a general residential operation that will provide treatment services to children with emotional disorders
- Allowing a change in location for certain school-age programs
This is an informal opportunity to provide comment on the drafted rules early in the process. You will have another opportunity to comment once the rules are proposed and published in the Texas Register.
The informal comment period for the potential rule changes is July 15 through July 29, 2020. You may send your comments on the potential rule changes by July 29, to Child Care Regulation by one of the two following methods:
- Email to: HHS Child Care Licensing Rules
- Mail to: Gerry Williams, Rules Writer (20R039), Child Care Regulation, Texas Health and Human Services Commission E-550, P.O. Box 149030, Austin, Texas 78714-9030.
Include the specific rule number(s) you are commenting on. This will help us to ensure your comment is accurately reviewed and considered.