Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
On June 12, 2020, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission repealed Emergency Rules (PDF) in 26 TAC Chapter 745 Subchapter X. There are no additional rules or requirements for:
- Entry to the operation
- Screening requirements
- Pick-up and drop-off procedures, and
- Serving family style meals
Continue to reference the following COVID-19 resources as you make decisions to ensure the health and safety of your staff and the children in care:
- Governor Abbott's Open Texas Checklist for Child Care Operations (PDF)
- CDC guidelines for Child Care Programs that Remain Open
- DSHS COVID-19 Informational Page
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Local Health Entities
Complete the Operation Status Update Survey if you have not already updated Child Care Regulation on your operation’s status. Contact your Licensing Inspector or email Minimum Standards Comments with any questions.
Thank you for continuing to provide a vital service to families as Texas continues to reopen in a safe and measured way.