2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Long-term care providers in Texas are reminded to review their emergency preparedness and response plans before the start of the Atlantic hurricane season, which runs June 1 through November 30, 2020.
Providers also should factor in COVID-19 contingencies when reviewing their preparedness plans. For example, as applicable:
- Are your receiving facilities and transportation contracts still viable?
- If your provider type is allowed to evacuate to a hotel, and that is in your plan, are hotels open in your destination?
- How will you maintain infection control measures during evacuation? And how during a shelter-in-place?
- If you have COVID-positive persons in your facility, how will that affect evacuation?
- If you have COVID-positive persons in your facility, how will it affect sheltering-in-place?
- How will you ensure PPE is available in addition to food and medicine?
It is also important to note that when providers are affected by an adverse event such as severe weather, or expects it will need to temporarily exceed capacity due to a disaster, they should contact their Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Long-term Care Regulatory regional office (RO) or Waiver Survey and Certification (for waiver program providers).
Please refer to Provider Letter 18-19 (PDF) as applicable and to your program’s rules for additional important information regarding emergency preparedness.
This alert applies to the following long-term care providers:
- Assisted living facilities
- Day activity health services facilities
- Home and community support service agencies
- Intermediate care facilities for individuals with an intellectual disability or related conditions
- In-patient hospice facilities
- Prescribed pediatric extended care centers
- Nursing facilities
- Home and Community-based Services and Texas Home Living