In May and June, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership will hold live Electronic Visit Verification policy and EVV Portal training. This is for Cures Act program providers and FMSAs required to use Electronic Visit Verification by Jan. 1, 2021 in the following programs:
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Note: This training is for new CLASS program providers who have never used EVV. CLASS program providers who need to complete annual EVV training should attend the webinar for existing program providers in June (PDF).
- Youth Empowerment Services Waiver
- Home and Community Based Services – Adult Mental Health
- Consumer Directed Services employers (optional)
- Home and Community-Based Services
- Texas Home Living
Program providers and FMSAs affected by the Cures Act EVV expansion must complete EVV policy and EVV Portal training before Dec. 1, 2020, and then annually. See the EVV Required Training Checklist (PDF) for more information.
To meet the training requirement, program providers and FMSAs attending these webinars must:
- Register for Session 1.
- Register for Session 2.
- Attend both sessions from start to finish.
To register, click the links below:
- Session 1 – May 19, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 2 – May 20, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 1 – May 26, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 2 – May 27, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 1 – June 2, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 2 – June 3, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Additional Training Opportunities
Program providers and FMSAs can also meet training requirements by completing computer-based training online in the HHSC Learning Portal and TMHP Learning Management System. HHSC and TMHP are planning additional live training events this fall and will provide more information when available.