Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
Child Care Regulation is aware of the widespread coronavirus. We understand the potential impact that this can bring to child care operations in your area.
Governor Greg Abbott declared a state of disaster for all counties in Texas. This declaration ensures that local officials have access to any state resources that may require them to respond in case of an outbreak.
As a result, we are implementing our Emergency Management response plan. We ask that you complete the following survey to update us on your operation status and condition.
Take precautions by following the CDC recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs
Visit our Technical Assistance Library to read What Child Care Providers Need to Know about Hand Washing (PDF).
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and Texas Department of State Health Services websites:
- CDC Coronavirus Webpage
- DSHS Coronavirus Webpage
- DSHS Coronavirus Call Center: 877-570-9779 (Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday)
In the event any incident that renders your operation unsafe and you are unable to complete the mentioned survey, please notify your licensing inspector or contact the Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 as soon as you are able.