Register Now for Two-Day QMP Training Program
Beginning October 2019, QMP is offering a two-day training program for nursing facility staff on quality assurance, performance improvement, and resident safety.
The training will cover how to develop and evaluate different approaches to quality assurance, performance improvement and resident safety. Topics include:
- Long-term care quality management regulations and standards
- Quality management tools
- Patient safety and infection control
- Change and organizational culture
- Evidence-based approaches to improve processes and practices
Following the training, participants will be able to improve on quality processes in their nursing facilities and teach the curriculum to other staff.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Oct. 30-31, 2019 - Abilene
Nov. 13-14, 2019 - Austin
Dec. 4-5, 2019 - El Paso
Dec. 18-19, 2019 - San Antonio
Jan. 8-9, 2020 - Edinburg
Feb. 5-6, 2020 - Corpus Christi
Feb. 19-20, 2020 – Houston
New Training Courses on the HHS Learning Portal
New Course Available Now
- PASRR in the Nursing Facility: The Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) course for nursing facility staff is now available. This course provides education, information, and resources needed to successfully complete all responsibilities related to the PASRR process.
New Courses Coming Soon
- Advanced CNA Academy: This course will provide comprehensive training for nursing facility certified nurse aides on how to care for the geriatric population.
- Meaningful Activities to Enhance Quality of Life: Designed for nursing facility activity directors, licensed nurses, certified nurse aides, and ancillary staff, this online training explains evidence-based best practices to help staff develop and implement meaningful and relevant person-centered activity programs.
Visit the HHS Learning Portal to create an account and find these courses.
Email questions to QMP@hhsc.state.tx.us.