Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
Following a competitive procurement, HHSC intends to award contracts to the following managed care organizations in the corresponding service areas for the STAR+PLUS product. This will be for an initial contract term of 3 years, and anticipated to have an operational effective date of September 1, 2020.
- Harris service area: Aetna, Amerigroup, United Health Care
- Hidalgo service area: Aetna, Molina Inc., Superior
- Dallas service area: Aetna, Amerigroup, Superior
- Bexar service area: Aetna, Amerigroup, Superior
- North East service area: Molina Co., United Health Care
- Tarrant service area: Amerigroup, United Health Care
- West service area: Superior, United Health Care
- Central service area: Superior, United Health Care
- Travis service area: Superior, United Health Care
- El Paso service area: El Paso Health, Superior
- Nueces service area: Superior, United Health Care
- Jefferson service area: Amerigroup, United Health Care
- Lubbock service area: Superior, United Health Care
STAR+PLUS is a Texas Medicaid Managed Care program integrating the delivery of Acute Care services and Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) for people who are age 65 or older, blind, or disabled. The STAR+PLUS Program operates under authority granted in Section 1115 of the Social Security Act as part of a demonstration project and Section 1915 of the Social Security Act as part of the Texas § 1915 (c) waivers which allows states to expand the Medicaid managed care delivery system statewide and provide home and community-based services under a Medicaid managed care model. STAR+PLUS began in 1998 as a Medicaid pilot project in Harris County and expanded to a statewide program in 2015. As of April 2019, STAR+PLUS Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) served 525,316 members statewide.
The award notices will be posted on the Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD) when the contracts are fully executed. That notice of award will trigger the period in which a protest may be filed in accordance with 1 T.A.C. §391.405.