April 12, 2019
As part of the transformation of the HHS system, rule chapters for ALF, HCSSA, ICF, NFA and PPECC are being been moved from Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Department of Aging and Disability Services, to TAC, Title 26, Part 1, Health and Human Services Commission.
- 40 TAC Chapter 15 (PPECC) will transfer to 26 TAC Chapter 550
40 TAC Chapter 18 (NFA) will transfer to 26 TAC Chapter 555
40 TAC Chapter 90 (ICF) will transfer to 26 TAC Chapter 551
40 TAC Chapter 92 (ALF) will transfer to 26 TAC Chapter 553
40 TAC Chapter 97 (HCSSA) will transfer to 26 TAC Chapter 558
- Only the chapter numbers for each rule program will change. The corresponding citations will remain the same (e.g., §90.236 will transfer to §551.236, §92.42 will transfer to §553.42, §97.286 will transfer to §558.286, etc.).
- The rule transfer notice will be posted in the April 12, 2019 issue of the Texas Register and will be effective May 1, 2019.
- Providers will need to refer to the new TAC chapters after May 1, 2019.
- All letters, memoranda and other guidance continues to remain in effect while HHSC updates outdated references.
If you have questions about theses administrative moves, please contact Policy, Rules and Training by email at PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us or at 512-438-3161.