February 11, 2019
Starting Feb. 11, 2019, providers who transitioned from MEDsys to DataLogic can request visit maintenance be opened to make corrections to the MEDsys EVV historical data element(s). Providers will not be allowed to create new MEDsys visits.
- Providers have 60 business days from Feb. 11 to request visit maintenance be unlocked from the appropriate payer.
- DataLogic has 60 business days from the received approval date from the payer to open visit maintenance to make the approved changes and export the changes to the payer.
- Managed Care Organizations and fee-for-services payers may not recoup until the re-exported file is received.
- The following data elements can be updated with payer approval:
- Payer (requests go to payer listed on the visit)
- Medicaid number
- Medicaid first and last name
- Service group and service code
- Pay hours
- Member date of birth
- Fee for service contract number
- The following data elements cannot be changed at any time:
- Actual visit date
- Actual call-in time
- Actual call-out time
The provider agency must receive approval to open visit maintenance prior to DataLogic making any changes to the MEDsys EVV data. The provider agency must:
- Identify the incorrect EVV data element(s).
- Complete the EVV Visit Maintenance Unlock Request spreadsheet located on the HHSC EVV or MCO websites.
- Send EVV Visit Maintenance Unlock Request spreadsheet secure email to the payer (payer listed on the visit). The payer will email the decision.
- If approved, must forward the approval email secure; including the spreadsheet to DataLogic.
- Allow DataLogic up to 60 business days from the receipt to make the approved changes and export the changes to the payer.
Instructions on how to complete a request for unlocking visit maintenance is included in the required EVV Visit Maintenance Unlock Request spreadsheet located on the HHSC EVV website; Training Materials and Resources or on your MCO website.
The DataLogic data correction process is located on DataLogic’s website.
MCO providers who have appeal rights or MCO EVV recoupment complaints with their MCOs should email HPM_Complaints@hhsc.state.tx.us with supporting documentation.
Fee-for-service providers who experience issues with fee-for-service contract monitoring related to MEDsys EVV data should email HHSC at Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Send questions regarding this notice to Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us.