DBMD providers are invited to attend the biannual DBMD training.
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
John H. Winters Human Services Complex
701 W. 51st St.
Room 651 W
Austin, TX 78751
The training is broken into two, two-day sessions. Participants may attend one or both of the sessions.
- April 10 and 11 is for case managers and any other providers involved in developing the Individualized Program Plan. It will include an overview of program rules and the functions of the case manager.
- April 12 and 13 is for direct support staff and trainers. Topics will include:
- Causes associated with deafblindness
- The effect of sensory impairments
- Basics of orientation and mobility
- Methods and strategies for communication
- How to support a person with deafblindness to lead a more active life
Registration is limited and DBMD providers have priority. To register, by the March 23 deadline, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name(s) of participant(s)
- Provider name and contract number, if applicable
- Specific dates attending (April 10 - 11, April 12 - 13 or all four days)
- Special accommodations needed, such as interpreters or braille handouts
At least 10 guests are needed by the registration deadline to hold the training.
You will be emailed a registration accepted or declined notice when you register. Attendees must bring a copy of their acceptance email to the training.