CMSNet is upgrading both of the Gateways for accessing the CMSNet network:
- East Gateway (for providers in states east of the Mississippi) on or after March 17, 2018.
- West Gateway (for providers in states west of the Mississippi) on or after March 31, 2018 (this should be the gateway used by Texas based providers).
- The client upgrade is automatic.
- It takes effect on your first attempt accessing the upgraded QIES Gateway using your Juniper Client VPN.
- Upon connection, the Juniper Gateways start an automatic software update to the Juniper Client on the user’s workstation.
- CMSNet connectivity is required when providers access the CMS QIES online applications (MDS Submission, OASIS Submission, CASPER, ePOC, QIES User Maintenance, etc.) directly.
- After March 31, 2018, all users will be required to complete the upgrade to the new client in order to connect to either of the two newly upgraded Gateways.
Upgrading the Juniper VPN Client requires the computer user have Administrative Rights or have an IT staff member with Administrative Rights assist them the first time they login following their Gateway upgrade. The client upgrade process will fail otherwise. Administrative Rights are only required for the client upgrade, not routine use of the client. Please refer to this CMSNet FAQ document for instructions on determining whether a user has Administrative Rights.
Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 477-7876 for questions on this information. Contact CMSNet User Support at (888) 238-2122 or MDCN.email@example.com with any issues during the Juniper Client upgrade