DADS stakeholders have until May 7, 2017, to provide written comments on proposed amendments relating to change of ownership (CHOW) definitions and surveys after a CHOW occurs for the following providers:
- Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) — Chapter 92
- Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS) — Chapter 98
- Home and Community Support Services Agencies (HCSSAs) — Chapter 97
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Related Conditions (ICFs/IID) — Chapter 90
- Nursing Facilities (NFs) — Chapter 19
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers (PPECCs) — Chapter 15
The proposed rule changes will redefine what constitutes a CHOW by adding a new definition for a CHOW or amending the current definition, depending on the program type, as well as adding or redefining definitions for the following terms:
- direct ownership interest;
- disclosable ownership interest;
- indirect ownership interest; and
- license holder.
The proposed rule changes also allow DADS to conduct a desk review in lieu of an on-site health survey after a license holder has a CHOW, if the license holder meets certain requirements.
These rules were published in the April 7, 2017, issue of the Texas Register. To find out where and how to submit comments, please refer to the section titled "Public Comment" in the Texas Register.
Email questions about this alert to firstname.lastname@example.org.