2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
February 25, 2021 - 1:00pm
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
Closed captioning for this meeting is available. Viewers are asked to highlight the closed captioning symbol "cc" on the bottom of their viewing screen to enable this function.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Adoption of November 19, 2020, minutes (vote required)
- Election of vice chair (vote required)
- Advisory Committee chair updates
- Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
- Drug Utilization Review Board
- eHealth Advisory Committee
- Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Committee
- Texas Council on Consumer Direction
- Value Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee
- State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee (SMMCAC) subcommittee updates
- Clinical Oversight and Administrative Simplification
- Complaints, Appeals, and Fair Hearings
- Network Adequacy
- Service and Care Coordination
- Health and Human Services Commission updates
- Legislative update
- Medicaid budget and shortfall
- Non-emergency medical transportation moving to managed care
- Medicaid quality measures
- Delivery System Reform Incentive Program M-9 Milestone: Assessment of telemedicine and telehealth services
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for future meeting
- Adjourn and thank you
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Medicaid Managed Care. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 23, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments will be shared with members.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 23, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the organization you are representing or if you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHSC staff to Committee members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Pramila Nepal, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and CHIP Services Department at OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Nepal at OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.