January 27, 2021 - 9:00am
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Opening remarks and introductions
- Approval of minutes from October 21, 2020, committee meeting
- Welcome to new Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services (JCAFS) members
- Police Chiefs Association Presentation
- Updates from Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Behavioral Health Services
- Civil Inpatient Bed Trends
- Interest and Need for more Robust Housing Options
- Report on Texas Government Code Section 531.0221, as adopted by Senate Bill 633, 86th
Legislature, Regular Session, 2019 (All Texas Access Legislation)
- Update on Hogg Foundation Convening
- Update from the HHSC Forensic Director
- Review of the JCAFS data dashboard
- Updates from Health and Specialty Care System (HSCS) Chief of Forensic Medicine and Deputy
- JCAFS Administrative Updates
- Update on JCAFS rules
- JCAFS vacancies
- Subcommittee annual review
- Subcommittee reports
- Access i) Utilization Review Protocol
- 2020 JCAFS Recommendations Update and Monitoring
- Public comment
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to any agenda item. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing JCAFS@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, January 25, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, January 25, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, either the name of the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, and, on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to Jim LaRue at JCAFS@hhsc.state.tx.us immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jim LaRue, Program Specialist, Health and Human Services Commission,
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact LaRue at 512-517-1621 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.