2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
December 22, 2020 - 10:00am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting. Join the meeting here.
The Toxic Substances Coordinating Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Call to order and welcome everyone
- Approval of minutes dated October 20, 2020
- Presenters: Dr. Ketki Patel and Haylea Stuteville, DSHS, “Occupational and Hazardous Substance Exposure Surveillance and Prevention During COVID-19.”
- Subcommittee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom workgroup meeting update
- Fish Sampling subcommittee meeting update
- Environmental Health and Toxicology workgroup update
- Agency updates on department policy and/or legislative issues:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Public comments
- Review of upcoming meetings:
- March 16, 2021 – Joe Williams, Public Sanitation/Retail Food Safety Branch DSHS, Hemp regulation
- June 15, 2021 – Brent Bellinger, City of Austin, HABs
- September 14, 2021 – Irina Cody, Emerging and Acute Infectious Disease Unit, DSHS, DSHS, Food safety and outbreak investigations
- December 14, 2021 – Kerry Nieman, TCEQ, TMDL
Additional Information Obtained From:
Chair: Heidi Bojes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas through the prevention and control of adverse health effects related to toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulation development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Heidi Bojes at email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.