November 13, 2020 - 1:00pm
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Join the meeting here. Attendees who wish to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to Order
- Welcome, Introductions, Roll Call and Opening Remarks from the Chair
- Approval of August 19, 2020, Meeting Minutes
- Approval of 2021 Council Meeting Dates
- Planning for representation and guidelines for 87th Legislative Session
- Chronic Care Workgroup and Stroke Survivors and Caregivers Conference Report
- Agency Representative Reports
- Department of State Health Services Representative Report
- Health and Human Services Commission Representative Report
- Liaison Reports
- Office of Acquired Brain Injury Liaison Report
- Governor’s EMS and Trauma Advisory Council (GETAC) Liaison Report
- Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Partnership Liaison Report
- American Stroke Association/American Heart Association Liaison Report
- Discussion and Action Concerning Any of the Above Items, and Future Meeting Topics
- Public Comment
Public Comment: Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing Yassiel.Caballero@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 11, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment and information about joining the meeting will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 11, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, as well as your direct phone number if you are speaking as a private citizen.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and whom they are speaking on behalf of. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Yassiel Caballero, Yassiel.Caballero@dshs.texas.gov.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Yassiel Caballero, Yassiel.Caballero@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.